Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Post Number One

So, like probably tens of thousands of other people today, I've started a blog. Why would I bother you ask? Perhaps I'm the one asking that question. I'm somewhat hoping that there will be some catharsis involved here. I've always wanted to do more songwriting so perhaps I'm hoping that this will be a gateway to that end. A "priming the pump" sort of thing. Perhaps I'm waiting for someone and am a little bored. Content? Hmmmm. A little of this and a little of that I suppose. Comments on my perspectives on life, faith, family, fishing, music and, well, we'll see. There's no commitment here by the way. This might be over before it starts. I may not even have the courtesy to call back the next day even though I swear I will. We'll see. So what is it about putting your thoughts out for everyone (and chances are, no one) to read and experience? A soap box I guess that sits out in the great information highway, although that title is suspect. Misinformation would likely be more accurate but nonetheless it is what is. I'll do my best to not add to the latter label. "Audible Sigh" comes from a song and album name from the great Bill Mallonee (pronounced mal-o-knee). I spent 10 years pronouncing his last name mal-own-ee until I finally saw him live in a club in Minneapolis last year. Despite this I am a very big fan of this terrific songwriter who never has and, unfortunately, never will gain any sort of notoriety. He seems to be able to capture the pain and tension of living in a world full of heartache and satisfaction, sorrow and joy. There will likely be plenty of his crooning all over this thing as well as many other artists I admire. I don't have enough original thought to go around so I'll borrow from wherever and whomever I can.

As for who I am, well there's time for that later. Alright, let's get things started then. My appointment is almost here...

No comments:

Post a Comment