Friday, October 11, 2013

A Perfect Dreary Sky

A brief post:

I love driving in the rain.  I don't know what it is about it exactly but it pulls at my heart quite frankly.  Dark brooding skies, rain on the windshield and watching the water run off the blades as you pound down ever blackening asphalt.  And the best time to drive in the rain is the fall with all the resplendent colours being drenched in a chilling rain and those low lying clouds that move much faster than their counterparts, seemingly having a mind of their own.  Ahhhhhh, that's the stuff.

It truly draws something out of me, out of a deeper source than a bright, sunny day.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer days.  Especially if I get to spend them with Julie and the kids at a park or out on the water with a fishing rod in my hand.  But days like today are connected to a different anchor, and I don't mind that.  I know, I know.  Rain is lousy for farmers at this time of the year and there are many in these parts.  I'm sorry about that but me enjoy it won't make it last longer.

Gray, dreary days are beautiful.  This afternoon I'm going to go to Starbucks, treat myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte and meet with some of our tenants (hopefully they'll show) and hear more of their stories.

Enjoy the long weekend.  Be thankful.  Hug your kids. Get on the floor and play with them.  Pay attention to the tenderness of your wife's kiss.  Linger longer in the arms of your lover.  Reach out a little to someone who doesn't have any of the above to go home to.

Enjoy the long weekend, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment